Saturday, April 2, 2016

Avocado Greek Goddess Dressing

This dressing is very easy to make and is tasty on all kinds of salads, especially ones that have some substance in the flavor department.  Try it on an arugula, fennel and grapefruit salad.  It would also be a nice accompaniment to shish kabobs, roast chicken, a burger, grilled shrimp, or a fish taco.

My mom asked me for this recipe, and I realized that I had adapted it from three or so other recipes online.  Guess I better write it down!


Ingredients  

  • ½ C plain Greek yogurt
  • ½ to 1 avocado
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 big handful of cilantro—stems and all
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 2 T red wine vinegar
  • ¼ C water
  • ½ C olive oil (I used the light olive oil so as not to overpower the flavors)




Directions

  • Put everything except the olive oil into your blender or food processor. 
  • Blend up.
  • While blending, slowly add the olive oil.
  • If too thick, add more yogurt, water or lime juice.
  • Adjust the ingredients to your liking.  It should be fairly strong, especially if  you're going to put it with a meat.




No comments:

Post a Comment